Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fun With Dick and Jane

Ok, So its been a long time coming.... Our little family has been sick with Laryngitis, we've had a close family friend pass away, and had numerous other things to attend to. The week has slipped by without another post! So, the next quilt in my Book week series... Quilt No.2 - Fun with Dick and Jane.



This is the Very Very First Fabric bundle I ever bought! I had originally bought it to make a fabric book for my kids. But as i shopped around the Craft and Quilt show a little longer... i decided to make something much much better...... a Quilt!!        


Now as this was the second Quilt I had ever made. It was a bit hit and miss.... I cut up the fabric panel and bordered it with Michael Miller Fabric. I cut 3 1/2 " Squares and Strips....Switched blocks, back and forth... and this is how it turned out!


 Machine and Hand Quilting was all very new to me... so i did a little of everything!! Its a little hard to see the quilting from the pictures... but first, I machine quilted it 'stitched in the ditch' down each of the seam lines.. Then as a decorative feature... i followed some lines from the fabric and Hand quilted in different colours 1/4" in from the edge of the pictures....


There was a little more I wanted to add to this quilt, a little applique here and there.... but Im not one for spending too long on a quilt.... The quicker the better!!


But after our sad, sick and busy week.... We are all still smiling... !!!


Next Blog Post coming,.... The third and final Book Quilt No. 3..... Brown Bear.....!!


6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt! And those cute kids! Glad you're all feeling a little better. I can't wait to see your brown bear quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun quilt. I had the book panel, planning to make a book for my grandkids, but decided to pass it on to my church quilting group instead. Now I'm sorry I did that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is absolutely adorable!! What a great job you did. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute quilt! And the last picture is even cuter... I'm sorry to hear about your rough week. Take care.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute quilt! And even cuter kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!! xx I LOVE hearing from you xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...